Monday, May 31, 2010

More Odd Conversations with the Under 5 crowd...

Viva, chasing Jake around: I'm a monster!

Mommy interjects - I thought you were a princess?

Viva: I'm a PRINCESS MONSTER!

Children, all in a row, supposed to be posing nicely for a picture...

Mommy says: say monkey!

Children all exclaim: "God & Jesus!  God & Jesus!"

In a cute and not sacrilegious way, of course.

Matt, passing cemetery, explains to kids that's where dead people are buried...

Jake asks: Is that where Jesus goes to get them?

Matt, retelling me this story in the car...

Jake interjects: but WHY does Jesus kill the dead people?

Guess he didn't QUITE get it.

Matt, now busy explaining to the kids that Jesus died for us and we have the chance to go to heaven after this life to live forever.

Viva adds: "we have to get married first!"

I like that she has goals.

I ask: When will you get married?

Viva says: when I'm all grown up!

I ask... and how old will you be then?

Viva says: thirteen!

Jake says: no comment (okay, he didn't really SAY no comment.  but he was busy being the strong and silent type)

Bentley says: when I'm 80 or 90

Hmmmm.... I guess my firstborn won't be giving me grandchildren in the near OR distant future!?

Matt asks: Bentley, do you think Daddy is all grown up?

Bentley says: No, you still have birthdays don't you?

We like how he thinks.  Great Grandma - guess that means you're not grown up yet either!  Good to know.

and there you have it, thoughts from our charming cherubs.  Or, at the very least, the cherubs that WE consider charming and witty!

No comments: