Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trikes & Bikes & More

A few weeks ago garage sale season started.  My first mission?  To find a new trike for Viva.  One of the wheels on her trike had an unfortunate encounter with a vehicle last year and it just wasn't riding the same this year.

And, of course, the universe conspired to please me.  First garage sale out on my mission and I found the trike.  A nice Kettler one, in good condition except for some lovely red duct tape on the handle bars.  The price worked though!

I brought it home and all was well for a short time.  Except that Jake kept reminding me that when he turns 3 he wants a "real" bike like Bentley's.

Fast forward another weekend or two.  We bought Bentley a bike at another garage sale.  I was dubious that he was ready for a new bigger bike, as in my mind he stays the same size and age.  But?  Sure enough.  The new bigger bike fits him great and he's zooming up and down the driveway like a pro.  Jake is pleased as punch because the red bike is his.

BUT... now, with the twins off of trikes and looking toward bikes... we needed helmets.  What to do when you have 3 children, about the same age?  Find them helmets that look the same so there can be no arguing, of course!  Amazon to the rescue.  A few clicks and a blue and pink helmet were on the way to match Bentley's red one.  Amazon sent it 2 day FedEx, free shipping... I love Amazon.

So now Viva and Jake both want to ride the red bike.  Forgotten are the lovely trikes I've been busy collecting.  Last weekend?  It was time to find Viva a bike.

$10 later and we have a lovely purple and pink bike.  The Grandparents are outside adding training wheels to it right now, and then we'll be set to go.

The kids LOVE biking, and we have the perfect driveway for it.  I can already guess how a good portion of the summer will be spent... !  (Pictures taken before new helmets arrived and before Viva's bike showed up this past weekend, now we need to go get new pics... !).



No comments: