Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Hawaii Gear

I had a lovely time in Hawaii, with my cousins, and had fun collecting small goodies for the kids.  I ingested all my souvenirs in the form of toffee chocolate macadamia nuts (yum), but I figured the kids would want something a little more lasting.

Ruth & Rachel found some lovely slap bracelets that the children are quite enamored of.  I hesitated to buy them, they are slightly garish in my opinion - BUT, I ceded to the advice of my cousins that they were just what the kids would love.  And they are right.  They DO love them.  They particularly like slapping them onto arms, legs, chairs... whatever is available.  They have bright colored lizards/geckos/string rays on them (mini plush animals), they're quite a sight!

They also received some Hawaiian style necklaces.  I started out intending to just buy Viva a necklace, but since her brothers often give her bracelets somewhat envious stares I figured I should just include them too!

They're quite cute.  I think they may be so cute I"ll have to go back to Hawaii to buy them MORE accessories?!

bentley with his Vogue look:


the goofy look:


just plain adorable:


showing off their new matching hawaiian style backpacks:


abandon ship, abandon ship!  this photo shoot is OVER... !

No comments: