Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Dad and Christmas Gifts

What is Matt's favorite part of Christmas? I can't say for sure what his most favorite part is, but I know from observation that he really likes buying gifts for others. He takes each of the children out shopping to find small gifts for each other. He works hard at finding gifts to give them himself. (Kara chooses and buys gifts for them, but Matt insists on choosing and buying some himself.) He buys Christmas gifts to donate to the underprivileged. He donates to every food drive he hears about at this time of year. He's a good example to Bentley, Jake, and Viva and me, too!

We don't have any photos of him out shopping with the children. (That would definitely be stalker behavior!) We do have a photo of him working with Bentley to wrap the gifts they purchased.



P.S. I think Bentley takes after his father in the gift giving department. He asked Opa to take him shopping for gifts for Jake and Viva even though he'd already gone shopping with his dad for gifts for them. When I was at Target with Bentley and Viva the other day I found myself purchasing Christmas gifts for Rameses at his request. I don't know that I ever did that for Nefer or Pharaoh.

No comments: