Monday, December 20, 2010

Ornaments Part 3: Christmas Trees

I placed an order with Oriental Trading Company last month. That's where I got my wonderful glue dots from. Awesome! At that time I also purchased some of their Christmas ornament kits. I was quite pleased with the quality of some of them and not so impressed with others. That's how online ordering goes!

One of the kits I only liked so-so was a kit with foam Christmas trees in it. It came with foam decorations to go on the trees. I also purchased some cool Christmas stick-on earrings at Michaels. They worked great on the foam trees, too.



Another kit contained glitter pom-poms and cute, little, wooden, Christmas trees painted green. The larger glue dots worked great for attaching the pom-poms to the trees. The twins happily used all the pom-poms in their kit to complete their trees. Bentley only wanted to use the pink, yellow, and red pom-poms leaving out the blue and white ones. I tried to talk the twins into trading with him, but they said "No!". I finally ripped open a spare kit and stole from it the desired pom-poms. Someone else is going to have to make a blue and white pom-pom tree.



The third Christmas tree we made was a fancy-cut, layered, felt tree that came with red rhinestones to decorate it. I pulled out my own package of multi-colored rhinestones. B & I made a tree together because the rhinestones are small so it's hard to center them on the glue dots. B started out only used bluish-green rhinestones. Finally he added purple ones and lastly a few gold ones. We sent this tree to his urompa in Florida.


Lastly Viva and I worked on a similar rhinestone tree for Grandma Vicki. Viva used all the different colors of rhinestones. She was quite adept with the rhinestones and glue dots. It was beautiful!

1 comment:

andie jane barefooted in the hills said...

thank you for sending the ornament packages they were so much fun to play with :)