Friday, December 17, 2010

The iPad


The iPad continues to be a big hit with the children. They use mine much more than I do. Mark, Kara, and Matt use their iPads regularly, so I'm the odd man out in this regard. Whatever. I have better things to do with my time. I have three young children to play with! Who needs electronic toys when you have real, live, preschoolers to entertain you!?

Unfortunately there's three of them and only one of me, so they still feel the need to seek out more entertainment and the iPad is a favorite toy of theirs. Mark regularly downloads new games for the trio to try out. Bentley is very good at figuring out games, although he does usually get a little help at the start from his opa.

Bentley then teaches Jake and Viva the games. Jake and Viva don't always want his help, but usually they are willing to have a short lesson.


Kara continues to lecture us (Mark and I) on the iPad's potential for rotting the children's fine, young brains. We are supposed to time the children when they use the iPad so we can report back to her. We are negligent in this area. Perhaps we are even in collusion with the grandchildren.

No comments: