Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bedtime Circus Ringleader

It's 10:40 pm and those little people we keep around the home are supposed to be sleeping. Their father, recently returned from Vegas, did a good job of getting teeth brushed/stories read/prayer said/tucked in all by 9:15 pm. 9 pm is my *goal*, but it's a loose goal. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyway. Kids tucked in, reminded that church comes bright and earlier... so why are they still awake?

Exhibit A:

She looks harmless enough, but that innocent sweet look can be a bit deceptive She CAN be sweet, and she IS an innocent little child... but... she is also the RINGLEADER!

I hear her in there with her new favorite expression "hey boys"!... followed by suggestions of mischief. Hide and seek. Imaginary safari trips. Stories being shared.

I love that they are friends, I really do. But it's bed time!

I sent her father to fetch her and put her nose in the hallway corner. She was not the least bit repentant. I heard her tell him that it doesn't matter what we say, they will still play games and talk together EVERY night. Emphasis on every, said with more than an ounce of defiance.

As I've said many times, it's a good thing they're cute. (and it's strange how much easier it is to be calm about their late night antics when their father was the one entertaning them all day... !!)

No comments: