Monday, May 16, 2011

Brotherly Love (& the sometimes lack of it)

Grandma & Opa bought a new chair for their bedroom, a Opa bear sized chair! The kids (and the cat, on occasion!) think the chair is a lovely new addition to the room. Aren't these brothers cute?!
It's a good thing they are cute. Because they aren't always as sweet as one captured picture can make them appear. They engage in at least one *brawl* a day! Yesterday they were upstairs getting night clothes on and I heard a loud bang followed by loud screams. I grilled Viva for the scoop (those boys weren't talking!) and learned that Jake was sick of Bentley crying (over a story he wanted us to read and he blamed Jake for misplacing), so Jake pushed him into the closet door. Bentley, of course, pushed back and knocked his brother to the ground. And they can push hard!

Should I (could I?!) prevent all rough housing? I don't think it is possible. I didn't have brothers, and don't really have prior experience with small male siblings (or big ones, for that matter), but for the sake of sanity and my belief I am a decent parent I am going to have to stick with the "boys will be boys" motto. As long as they are loving AND tough, all on the same days, it is all good. All's well that ends well, right?!
P.S. - check out the cute matching shirts they have! Mementos Bentley brought back from Vegas. I know, we've featured the shirts before, here, but taking a picture of two is so much easier than three!

No comments: