Sunday, May 15, 2011

Molasses Cookies = yum!


We are chocolate chip cookie lovers at our place. We have four or five different recipes we use, most of them involving the addition of some type of oatmeal or other breakfast cereal which allows me to falsely assign more nutritional value to the cookies than they deserve!

Once in a while we branch out to chocolate cookies with chocolate chips, or sometimes peanut butter with, you guessed it, chocolate! For some holidays we live on the edge and make sugar cookies without chocolate!
This past week I tried out some molasses ginger snap cookies with raisins in them. I do a biweekly lunch with a good friend and it sounded like the right excuse to try out a different recipe! I figured the kids wouldn't touch them, as they have scorned spice cookies in the past.

Instead.... they gobbled them down! They used words like delicious and yummy and "give me more"! Just goes to show they can still surprise me, I guess!

And today? They requested more of those same cookies. So off I go to please my mini keepers!

No comments: