Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Musical Beds

All three children had slept in their beds for the past 15 nights so Sunday night they qualified for a night out of their beds. So...around 4AM Bentley came bursting through my bedroom door followed soon after by Jake who B must have woken up.

B had a minor bloody nose, so I helped him take care of it and then he requested that I go get his blanket from his bed. He usually brings it, but in his mad dash he must have forgotten it. I went into the bedroom and collected it. Poor Rameses was sitting on B's pillow waiting for him to return.

When I got back to my bedroom Jake requested that I collect a second blanket for him. Two blankets? Whatever, it's 4AM, I wasn't going to argue with a 3 year old. I went back to the children's bedroom. Rameses was still looking around waiting for B's return. Poor kitty. I petted the kitty, collected the blanket, covered Viva up, and returned to my bedroom.

This is when the fun started. B went to sleep. He's good that way. J squirmed and turned and was impossible, so I asked if he wanted to go sleep with his mom since his dad was in Barrow and she had a big bed to herself. He thought that would be a good plan.

I carried him down the hall and deposited him on daddy's side of the bed. Only to discover that in the last half hour Viva had abandoned her bed for her mom's bed. She was sleeping when we showed up, but...that changed.

Viva and Jake tormented their mom for the next forty minutes until she gave up on sleeping in the same bed as them and left. Her absence disturbed Jake. What's the point of sleeping in mom's bed, if there's no mom? He came back to my bed to complain.

"Mommy's not in bed." he told me "Ridiculous!" I told him. "Of course she is." (It was 5AM where else would she be?) "You didn't look hard enough!" I took him back to his mom's room to prove it to him. When I got there we discovered Viva crying in bed because she was all alone. All alone?

Just where was mommy? In Jake's bed. The twins trailed me back to their bedroom where Viva went back to her bed and Jake climbed in with mommy. Rameses tried to share Kara's pillow, but she wasn't as accommodating as B. I went back to my bed to sleep with B and opa.

Not the best night's sleep, but darn those kidlets are CUTE. Seriously! Totally worth a few missed hours of sleep. Tonight, however, they have to stay in their own beds. Except maybe Viva who didn't actually get a night in mommy's or grandma's bed. Technically neither did Jake, but he did get a night with mommy.

No comments: