Thursday, June 27, 2013

Loussac Summer Concert

Last Thursday I took the children to our first summer concert of the season. We were late and it was hard to find parking. It was more crowded than I've ever seen it. 


I don't know if it was the good weather or the Japanese Taiko drummers that drew the big crowd.


Bentley, Jake, and Viva ran up and down the hill like they always do. It's not the music that lures them to the summer concerts, but the opportunity to run and roll down the library hill and to climb on the big rock near the fountain. Lincoln sat on my lap while he checked out all those strangers. Later he ran around a little with Viva.



After the concert we went inside and checked out a few books. Then we returned to the hillside to play a little more. Viva was intent on reading her new book while the boys played on the stage.


On our way out, I made a valiant attempt to get a great group photo. I have one on my desktop from last summer of the trio standing on a bench in front of the fountain. 

Photo One: The children are playing King of the Bench and not looking at the camera.

Photo Two: The boys are paying attention. Viva is having an allergy attack.

Photo Three: Lincoln does not want to sit next to Jake. Viva is still rubbing her nose.

Photo Four: Viva is finally in good form. Lincoln and Jake are not.

 
This is the photo from last year. I had forgotten that the trio were making funny faces. 

If comical is what I wanted, then I did get a great photo this year.

No comments: