Wednesday, June 05, 2013

The Gathering Drum!

We have welcomed a second drum to the house.  It is big (to me) - 22 inches across.  At times I question my sanity - what was I thinking, buying this noise maker?  But they really do love it... I guess that's what I was thinking.  I imagine it was.  When there is silent time in which a mind can imagine things.   :)

The kids have fun every day with these noise makers.  In addition, I like the IDEA of letting small children (aka Jake) pound away aggression on a drum.  Sounds soothing and therapeutic, right?  Unfortunately, drumming with all the enthusiasm a passion filled 5 year old has generates a lot of noise. I need a sound proof room or, better yet, an island. :) 
 I am thinking Lincoln needs an accordion for his birthday to help complete the circus sounds around here.  I have my eye on one, but sanity may yet prevail.  Probably not though.  It's hard to find a gift for a little boy with older brothers who already have far too many great toys.

P.S. - don't mind Lincoln's look of distress in the first part of this video.  It is because he wants Evan to have a drumstick of his own.  Once Evan got one things were good.  Until Evan looked traumatized and our video shoot was brought to an abrupt end!




No comments: