Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Summer Work


Summer is here!  As a homeschooler that doesn't mean the same thing to me as it might to most of my friends with kids.  I am, however, making a concession to the sunny weather and lightening up on our list of coursework that we attend to on a regular basis.

What's staying?  Math of all varieties, reading (silently and out loud), spelling, and handwriting.  The crazy overachiever in me wanted to keep going and going with that list, but... I restrained myself.  Of which I am quite proud.

We do schoolwork on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.  Wednesday will be our midweek day off in case the 1-2 hours of work the kids do a day is just *too* taxing for them.  (Only slight sarcasm there - Jake and Viva do seem to believe I'm working them WAY too hard!)

Disclaimer: I am in the midst of, once again, revising my chores/work-time/incentive planning for the little tikes.  I plan to incent extra school assignments to perhaps inspire them to try some of the many fabulous things I have laying around here... but, if they ask to do it, it doesn't count as work I'm requiring them to do.  Right?

:)

No comments: