Friday, December 19, 2014

Grandma Julia's Day

It was a busy holiday season and it was difficult to find a time when the children were available to do Christmas crafts and activities with me. I got a few minutes here and there on afternoons with no gymnastics or in the late evening after karate if the children weren't engaged in personal activities (chess, reading, crafts, Legos, iPad time, etc.). Finally I asked Kara for a day that was all mine--no schoolwork!

We started my day with them in the evening after karate. We put Christmas lights up in their bedroom. The older children watched three of their favorite Christmas movies--Frosty the Snowman, Frosty Returns, and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Then they went upstairs to read with the promise that they could sleep in the next morning.

The next day I had a list the trio helped me create of Christmas activities to do together. I chose one activity from the list and then they chose one. We had pancakes for breakfast (their request) and pizza for lunch. We read Christmas books (my choice), worked on foam snowmen (Jake's request), watched another Christmas show (Viva's request), tried to make Lego ornaments (can you believe we lacked the right Legos for the Christmas tree we found online!?), went sledding (Bentley's request), and played nativity bingo. Evan and Lincoln participated with us some of the time. I had a good time!

No comments: