Friday, December 05, 2014

Lincoln and Puppy


Lincoln has a favorite stuffed animal that he carts around and sleeps with - he goes by the creative name of Puppy.  Puppy was a gift bequeathed upon Lincoln by his sweet brother Jake.  Bentley gave Evan a rabbit and Jake gave Lincoln a puppy.  Puppy was lost a few days back and it caused a bit of heartache for Lincoln and a headache for all in the vicinity of Lincoln's voice until he was, thankfully, found again!  He was hiding in the Little People castle, in case you were wondering.

Lincoln and I often have discussions about puppy.  They go something like this:

Lincoln: "Stay with me while I nap!  I only have puppy here and he's not real, you know!"

Me: "I'll check on you!"

Lincoln: "Okay, but puppy's not real.  I wish he was real!"

At which point I normally over exaggerate the trials of puppies for him - fingers and toes get nibbled, faces get licked, shoes get chewed, etc.  and we agree that puppy is perfect just as he is.  A fitting companion for my also perfect three year old!

No comments: