Monday, February 04, 2008

More Florida trip fun

I know I'm a bit belated, but I thought I would post a few more Florida pictures/thoughts before I blink and it turns into March!

My Father's birthday was Jan 16th, Bentley's was the 31st, and the twins celebrated their 7 month birthday while we were in Florida - so we had cake (brownie cake, of course!) to celebrate. Why does the top look so pretty, you ask!? 2 types of frosting and a plain section for Bentley boy, of course!

We went to Target a couple times - I love Target. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of our very own Anchorage Target (scheduled for this fall), but I'm not sure that my budget is as anxious for the new arrival as I am. Here's Genevieve, on the way to the store, carrying my wallet to help me exercise control:

We found many lovely items at Target to accessorize the new sea theme bathroom we're working on. Pictures will be coming when I find the time to do some painting!

We made daily attempts to convince Bentley to take the plunge into Uroma and Uropa's pool - he doesn't carry much baby fat, unfortunately, and found the hot tub side of the pool area more to his liking. :-) I'm sure you can guess which picture was taken in which water!



Here are twins looking adorable in their swimsuits:


They were both good sports about the pool - I think they have MUCH more blubber (sorry, babies!) than Bentley does so the water temperature didn't bother them much!

My trip memories wouldn't be complete without at least one picture of the expensive new airplane carry on toy I had the opportunity to buy for the trip - Jackson's nebulizer:

Every 6 to 12 hours (we were hunting the airport for outlets) we would stop and give Jackson some medication through his new nebulizer. Jackson had irritated lungs as an after effect of a cold the twins were just getting over before we left for Florida, so the Dr. prescribed this treatment for him when I went in to find out if he had an ear infection - a bonus diagnois, I guess. :-) I wasn't thrilled (at all!) about the bulky expensive machine - but - it did seem to help Jackson out so it was worth it!

Here's a picture of Grandma's inspiration that kept Bentley (and the twins!) entertained for many hours of our vacation:

My Mom was ordering some more train tracks, so she saved on shipping costs and had them sent to Florida. She took a few trains down to use on the tracks and presto - instant entertainment for the small tykes!

If you'd like to see more shots of these gorgeous children and their support staff on vacation, please check out the pictures (and captions!) at this link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ichoose/Florida2008

Thanks to Grandma and Opa for putting all the pictures/captions together at the above link! I may be a bit biased but I think you'll enjoy checking out the gallery - cute kids, adorable summer clothes. :-)

Lastly, here's a shot of the best part of our trip - the chance to introduce the great-grandkids to their Uroma and Uropa, and spend some time with them!

No comments: