Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sneaky Mom Trick

I'm getting better and better at this Mom business, I think!

If you've been reading the blog you may know that Bentley is quite enamored with peanut butter cookie dough. I approve of this as the stuff is chock full of calories. I do, however, have to limit his consumption of it as all parents are required to try and control sugar intake in their offspring - right?!

A couple days ago Bentley was sitting at the dining room table and munching away on his current diet food favorite - 2 calorie pretzel sticks. He's certainly not going to get pudgy eating those! I asked him if he'd like some peanut butter to dip his pretzel sticks in. Of course, as expected, he answered with a big "NO WAY!" I keep trying to introduce the phrase "No thank you, but thanks for asking Mom!" but we're not quite there yet.

I was inspired to prevaricate on the truth, just a little, and suggest to him that perhaps he'd like cookie dough on his pretzel sticks. He was quite enthusiastic - and every day since has been happily dipping his pretzel sticks in peanut butter. He doesn't seem to notice he's been duped and it's not really cookie dough, and at 190 calories for 2 Tablespoons I'm certainly not going to be the one to tell him. :-)

1 comment:

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Genius! Pure genius!!

Now if I could dye everything orange, maybe my kids would eat it too!