Sunday, February 10, 2008

Vintage Baby Clothing

My daughter is a very good daughter. She gave me three wonderful grandchildren. I have no serious complaints about her. I do, however, have a minor complaint. For 24 years I stored away a few items of her baby clothing so that I could have the pleasure of seeing my grandchildren wear them someday. I gave the clothes to my daughter last summer. (Well, one item, a pair of blue striped OshKosh overalls I gave her when Bentley was little, but the rest I saved for when she had a girl child.)

She...lost? misplaced? forgot? them. Finally one day I asked her, where are those sleepers that I gave you that you wore when you were a baby? Which sleepers she asked me? The matching pink and blue ones! (Her great-grandmother from Germany sent them to her and she probably purchased them before Kara was born, so not knowing Kara's sex she bought a blue one and pink one--how perfect for boy-girl twins! How often can a son wear his mom's old clothing?!)

At first Kara denied having received the matching pink and blue sleepers, but she eventually believed me that I had given them to her. She looked for them in her piles and piles and boxes and boxes of baby clothing (she's a garage sale and thrift store addict), and she found them. Crisis averted.

So we stuffed Jackson and Genevieve in the sleepers. They fit, but barely.


Aren't they cute? adorable? twinsome? Both Genevieve and Jackson look astonishingly like their mother did when she wore the outfits! Perhaps they ARE identical twins?!?

1 comment:

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Kara--I "misplaced" a few outfits that my mom gave me, too. Also the 20+ year old variety! :)

Regardless, those are two adorable "vintage" babes!