Saturday, February 23, 2008

Queen of The Falls

In order to be a master climber you first, unfortunately, have to put in your time and conquer the pesky business of falling! Genevieve is working hard to get her hours in and probably chalked up a dozen tumbles today.

Now that she's an expert crawler she's moved on to getting herself in a stand position by pulling up on anything that's higher off the ground than she is. The current favorite is my armoire - I caught Genevieve pulling up on the bottom drawer so she could grin, with great delight, at herself in the mirror. It doesn't seem to phase the child that she keeps toppling over while trying to get fully upright! After voicing her indignation (quite loudly) she gets right back to climbing practice.

Although she may sport a few more bruises and bumps in the next couple of weeks, I'm predicting I just might have a super climber and an early walker on my hands. Look out, world!

No comments: