Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Decorations!

I do not own many Halloween decorations. I have a black and orange folk art style cut-out wood cat that a friend gave me the year after I was married. I have a plastic gourd cat with LED eyes that I bought at a garage sale many years ago. (Kara thinks he's the tackiest thing ever, but I find him delightfully unusual.) I can't really think of any other Halloween decorations--WAIT!--I forgot about my collection of glow-in-the-dark cheese cloth ghosts. They are very cool. My sister-in-law and I sold them at bazaars over 20 years ago. I kept a few of them. That's my Halloween collection.

Since I've spent very little on Halloween decorations when I saw the perfect Halloween decoration, I didn't let cost hinder me. I splurged. I purchased the entire collection. I knew it would be a big favorite in our household. What was it? I bought the new Lego Monster Fighters collection! It's not a Halloween collection per se, but it is perfect for Halloween--ghosts, a werewolf, vampires, zombies, the crazy scientist and his monster, a vampire castle and, of course, a haunted house.











The trio enjoyed putting the eight sets together. They did sets individually. They did sets together--sometimes working in tandem, sometimes in relay. They work together on Legos really well. It's a great group activity. I'm looking forward to building the Monster Fighter collection every fall. It'll be a fun Halloween tradition.

No comments: