Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Reading Buddies

Last week Viva and I were doing our daily reading together when I was needed elsewhere. I asked Bentley to read with Viva until I got back. When I returned this is what I found:


He was doing a really good job. I was surprised how patient he was with her. She was doing a good job, too, working with him. They were reading the DC Super Heroes story collection which contains some interesting vocabulary like Justice League, Caped Crusader, Dynamic Duo, and fink. It's a challenge to read. It also contains puns which I've tried to explain to the children. I'm not sure they understood my explanations. This book will be a good read for a few years to come.

I have a few more photos of the children reading, so I'll add them to this post. First there is Jake reading the Lego catalog. He carries it everywhere. I have to forcibly remove it from his tight grip during math lessons or I don't get his full attention.


Then there's Bentley reading the fifth book in the second series of the Warrior cats. He is very intent when he is reading.


No comments: