Friday, March 02, 2012

Legos! Legos! Legos!

Our out-of-control love affair with Legos continues. The only hold outs are great-grandma and Kara. The rest of the household is having great fun buying, building, ripping apart, sorting, playing with, and just plain admiring Legos.

On Tuesday part of Mark's online order arrived. I made the children wait until opa came home to start building. Bentley put his new Star Wars ship together that evening. I made Viva (under protest!) quit working on her Lego Beauty Shop and save part of if for the next day. She stretched it out over three days. (Only because we didn't give her enough free time to finish it sooner.) And Jake?? Well, we had a problem with Jake. His Lego set was in time out, as was he.

I won't go into lengthy detail, but Jake wasn't very gracious when he was given his Lego set. Even though it was the biggest set of the three given to the children and it was what he has been requesting for months, he wanted something different at that moment in time. Two days later the Lego Fire Station came out of time out and Jake commenced building it.

Since Viva was finished with her Beauty Shop, I decided to enlist her aid in building my set of Super Hero Legos. My choice of Lego sets was a Superman vs Power Armor Lex set. I wanted the Superman and Wonder Woman minifigures that came as part of the set. Evil Lex Luther I could have done without, but he was part of the set and he came with power armor which is what Viva is building for me. She's doing a fantastic job. She comes to me for help every once in a while when something doesn't look quite right.

Spring better get here soon or we're going to run out of Lego sets to buy and build!

No comments: