Sunday, October 21, 2012

Off They Go to Mexico!

The brave Daddy and my 3 oldest are off on a grand adventure!

About a year ago we planned our every other year family trip to Mexico with Grandpa Tim and Grandma Karen.  With the addition of Evan's arrival to our fall calendar, I decided it would be most prudent to keep our newborn home.  4 kids and 1 Daddy traveling alone was maybe a bit too scary.  So we decided to send the three oldest, and Lincoln and Evan stayed home.  Lincoln's not old enough to know what he's missing.

Matt's not completely certain about traveling alone with 3 children, but on the plus side... Grandpa Tim and Grandma Karen are waiting for them in Mexico, so it's not like he's really "alone"!  I know they'll have a grand time, while we'll be busy pining away for them.

I know that sounds like jest.  And the "break" will be nice.  But I do love my little people and will be counting the days!

Here's the crew heading out:


Opa thinks this picture is funny.  I think it's a little scary.  But I will concede that it sums up their hyped up 11 pm excitement to be getting on the red eye!  They made it onto the plane:


I love Viva's look of intense interest while looking at the airline magazine!  This is a good shot, as it shows me that all my children (and husband, I assume) are sitting together.  We had some issues with the airline and Matt's MVP Gold status.  Despite multiple notes in his file (and linked reservations), Matt and Viva were bumped to first class and Matt then had quite the time getting BACK into coach with my other two children.  Grrrrr!

They made it to California:


Next stop?  The long flight.  Here's a lovely summary from Matt of this leg of the trip:

We flew
Viva spew
The kids are quite the crew
Jake made a friend 
Cash converted
Ride found us
Got to hotel
Been swimming
Chose noodles
Watching tv
Viva sleeps
Amazing rooms.

I told him it was cool how the first 3 lines flow/rhyme, but he needs to work on the rest of the poem.  :)

All's well that ends well, and from the picture he included it looks like they are off to a good start!


I will pray for patience for my husband and for sweet obedience for my children.  I hope it's a splendid trip!

No comments: