Saturday, April 13, 2013

30 Years Young


I had a birthday!  Here are 14 eyes all in one picture.  With this many people I think seeing all 14 eyeballs at once is impressive so we'll ignore the fact that a few of us look slightly deranged.

We started off celebrating a day early because Matt had a conference out of town and would be leaving early morning on my birthday day.   

We had traditional birthday fare - pizza and purple velvet cake!

A few weeks ago I discovered an International Holiday (who declared it so I am not sure) called "Drop Everything and Read" Day.  Which happens to be yearly on April 12th.  This sounded perfect, so I told the kids that in honor of my birthday we'd be celebrating D.E.A.R day yearly.  They were quite excited!

So on Friday we read and read some more!  We also went ice skating (well - the kids did - I went and watched with Grandma, Lincoln, and Evan), and we made a trip to Dairy Queen.  The service was more than abysmal, but Viva declared it the "best lunch ever".  So I suppose it was a win! 



 In the evening we had a game night and friends brought over 10 different types of cupcakes to celebrate with me.  It was fun!

Last, but not least, for my 30th my family all chipped in to help me get not one but TWO nice big gorgeous hardwood tables!  I have been lusting after one for months and months and scouring Craig's List to no avail.  With Evan getting old enough to eat at the table with us we were needing something a bit bigger.  Now I have a 10 foot table for the dining area and an 8.5 foot table for the school room. They are beautiful and make me happy every time I see them.  In as much as we allow "things" to make us happy, that is.  :)

Lincoln helping us pick chairs to go with the table:


Happy Birthday to Me!

No comments: