Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Time Out Truck


Lincoln has a bit (or a lot?) of an inner imp.  Lately he has become quite the little stunt master with his ride on car.  I can only imagine the fun he would have had with the motored little ride on cars Jake and Bentley had when they were little.... !

Unfortunately, life on the wild side is not without temptation.  Lincoln likes to drive dangerously close and then even closer to his little brother.  Little brother then scoots even closer to the danger, putting his hands and feet at risk of being squashed!  Sometimes Lincoln races right at him and then "puts on the brakes" at the last moment.  Which is sweet but my heart still pounds as I'm not sure I trust the 20 month old's sense of distance all that much.

After these magnetic two are drawn together once or twice I have to warn Lincoln: "If you drive close to your brother ONCE MORE I'm going to put that truck in time out"!  At which point Lincoln will hop up and take the car to the timeout room (aka the mudroom) himself.  Smart kid.  It's best to remove temptation from your path when you know you can't resist.

No comments: