Monday, December 16, 2013

The Nursery


*Ages* ago we did up the nursery.  And I meant to post about it, but never did.  :)  So here it is!  When we moved in here at Nickell Circle this room was our craft room - because a home can never have too many craft supplies.  The walls were green.  When Lincoln was about 9 months old I decided it was time to fancy up his nursery.  We set up the crib when he was 6 months old, but it was simply sitting in the middle of the craft room.  Not a real homey look or feel.  

So I enlisted Matt to paint two of the walls blue.  Then I found some lovely blue curtains that I adored, added blackout blinds, and finally found some crib sets that matched the curtains and the walls.  This was probably harder than it should have been because I did things in that order.  :)  We have an under the sea theme in the room with turtles and fish.  I find it quite soothing!  I think Matt does too.  He often doesn't venture out of the easy chair on his own once he's sent in there to put Evan to bed.... !

P.S. - isn't this a cute picture of two brothers hanging out together?  It's deceptive in that it implies you can always find them both in this room in the morning.  I, with no consistency, do manage to put Lincoln in his bed at some point during the night, but he always winds up back in my room before the morning.  I've tried telling him Evan probably misses him desperately but I haven't yet convinced him that's a good enough reason to stay in his room!

No comments: