Sunday, December 23, 2012

Genevieve's Big Night

As mentioned, Genevieve's new ballet group goes all out with performances for the girls.  For weeks Viva and her friend Cassidy have been excitedly discussing their big night and anticipating it.  Since anticipation is half the fun I'd like to think I can divide out the cost of tickets/costumes/production fees over the course of the few months Viva spent looking forward to her show.  That sounds reasonable, right?!  :)

The chance to wear makeup was a BIG hit (and looked forward to with GREAT delight by my 5 year old).  The chance to be on a big stage in a big big theater?  Also a hit, but Viva tells me that what she's really looking forward to is being old enough/good enough to go on stage ALL ALONE.  Hmmmm... I told her that might be a while!

Grandma Julia, Grandma Karen, and I were the cheering crowd for our little ballerina.  Not that any cheering occurred - as mentioned, this is a serious type of group.  Clapping only!  I have to admit that I was wondering before the performance just how fun it would be to sit through 90 minutes of little girls dancing.  I am pleased to say that I found the entire show to be entertaining.  The highlight, of course, was seeing my little star - but all of the classes were fun to watch.  It's hard to not enjoy little girls in adorable costumes attempting (with varying degrees of success!) to do a dance routine.

The classes all had their own choreographed dance numbers with different music and different costumes.  They all performed their numbers on stage with no instructor help (well - no VISIBLE help!).  How did Viva do?  Although she wouldn't admit to it I think she was a bit nervous - but she did great anyway!  I'm already looking forward to her next show and seeing her skills and confidence continue to grow.

Enough words.  Here are some more shots of my beautiful ballerina, from the brilliant Opa photographer.  I tried to limit myself to just a few photos.  But I am sure you can see why I'm eager for the next show already - these type of shows are candy for the Mom, I could gobble up delightfulness like this on a regular basis!





No comments: