Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Museum Field Trip


Last week we went on a field trip with our charter school, Raven, to the museum.  The kids were quite excited at yet another day off from the arduous grind (I am convinced they really do believe I overwork them!).

We took in a show about Alaska at the planetarium, engaged in a scavenger hunt involving geometric shapes in artwork, and listened to a presentation about Alaskan Natives given by a very engaging tour guide.

Genevieve was not happy that her favorite picture (featuring sirens luring sailors to a watery death) was no longer there.  She did not like the new traveling portrait collection.  I didn't much care for it either, but it didn't bring this expression to MY face!


Bentley, in the center of the picture, showing off some Native garb:


Jake evaded my camera, drat!  He was the *star* in a play about the Raven and the Crow.  I believe I was discussing how to politely decline participation (snarls = bad!) with his charming sister Viva at that point and missed capturing his acting debut on camera.  I did hear him give a good maniacal laugh when cued and some of the other parents were impressed with that useful skill.  You just never do know when you'll need your evil henchman laugh, right?

I'm glad we went.  The kids had a fun time and it was a nice change of pace.  Even though it was our 3rd big outing in the space of 5 days - almost enough to send this home cave happy Mommy into her bedroom to hide under the covers and recharge!! :)

No comments: