Saturday, July 07, 2012

Good Fun; Great Photos

On Tuesday we joined our guests for a trip to Eklutna Lake. I hadn't been out there for years and I was surprised to find the gravel road that leads to the lake is now a paved road. You'd think this would be an improvement, but I'm not sure it was. Now you can travel the windy road at faster speeds which made me carsick.

Our group walked the very short distance from the parking lot to the lake. The lake is a water resevoir for the city of Anchorage, so it has considerable variations in its water levels. On our visit the lake was lower than usual so there were fields of green beach (swamp?) grass around the lake. It was quite pretty. There was also an area of the beach that was muddy in places and rocky in others. The mud appealed to my nephew Josh's young sons, but it appalled my finicky grandsons. Viva had no problem with getting muddy. Bentley, Jake, and the cousins had a good time throwing rocks. A few of our group could even skip rocks! I could not. (Two skips is too pathetic to count.) We had a picnic dinner before we left Ekultna.










PS I apologize for the lack of photos of our guests, but my photographer said they had their own photographers, so he didn't take many photos of them. He said I should ask them for photos. It's hard enough to get photos from my staff photographer and I share a bedroom with him. I’m not going to wait for photos from them before I post this.

No comments: