Monday, July 23, 2012

Thursday at the Library

Last Thursday instead of attending the usual music hour at noon time, we went at 5PM to the Battle of the Teen Bands on the library lawn. Unfortunately only one band showed up, but they were good and they played for over an hour. I noticed Bentley jiving to “Sixteen Tons” and “The Devil Went Down to Georgia”. They were my favorites, too.

The event was not well attended (5PM is an odd time) and so the children had lots of room to run and roll and be wild. We went there right after swim lessons and Grandma Vicki, daddy, and Lincoln drove over and joined us. They brought sandwiches, carrots, and oranges for dinner. I was the trip photographer. My photos turned out better than usual. Maybe I’m improving?!


Loussac Library in background, fountain in midground, and funny kids in foreground.


The children love this big rock.
It's usually overcrowded, but tonight it was free. Score!


Jake fell down and scraped his knee.
He was sad, but he sure is a beautiful crier.


Lincoln with the fountain in the background. 
Fountains are rare in Anchorage, so we're proud of this one.


Viva keeping an eye on Lincoln.
As long as she keeps her distance, he's okay with her baby tending him.


Jake sporting his new Band-Aid. He can smile once again.


Grandma Vicki & daddy enjoying the fine weather.


Viva rolling down the hill.
I should have oriented this photo differently.


Lincoln chewing on my water bottle.
I hope he didn't leave teeth marks.


Bentley tending Lincoln.
Lincoln is more tolerant of Bentley invading his space.

No comments: