Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Hold the Chocolate, Please!

Genevieve has a disturbing new food problem.

I've been okay with her picky eating (at times).  After all, she has an older brother who is master of picky eating.

But lately?  She has decided that she doesn't like chocolate.  I'm not sure how far this dislike goes.  Most importantly, it includes chocolate chip cookies.  This past month she has been asking for chocolate chip cookies, but without the chocolate chips.  I've been putting her off, because I find it hard to accept this as a real honest wish!  :)

It is just wrong!  But I did it, for her.  I made a pan of the cookies without the chocolate chips on Monday.  And she thinks that's great.

I would be okay with this chocolate *issue* if it was simply a quirky little problem with chocolate chip cookies.  But it extends to chocolate muffins, chocolate chocolate cookies, and no bake chocolate cookies.  And plain chocolate chips.  She SAYS she likes brownies still, but we haven't made them recently so we'll see.

We did, however, make fudge tonight.  We'll see if she eats any when she gets home later... I have my doubts.  Along with a few doubts about whether we are truly related (just kidding, Viva!).  A little girl who doesn't like chocolate?  Weird, weird weird.

And earlier today?  I offered her the last of her chocolate free chocolate chip cookies.  She told me "No, thanks.  I'll eat it tomorrow.  I already had 2 of those earlier today".  Such restraint invoking sugar is unnatural, don't you think?!

:)

No comments: