Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Viva's Seward Trip

Yesterday Geneveive and Matt headed off on the train for their Seward train and cruise adventure.  Jake went last year, and Bentley had the chance to go the year before that.  Matt tells me they had a great time and enjoyed good food and Alaskan beauty, and I conducted a brief interview with Viva today.  Here's what she said:

"Whales were coming at our boat, and whales weren't coming at our boat."

"And we saw a sea otter and a seal and a dolphin."

She then stared off into space, I believe due to lack of sleep.  I figured I should provide a prompt or two to get my interview back on track:

What did you like best about the boat?  "Seeing the stuff, the animals."

What did you like best about the train?  "I liked seeing the river on the train."

Did you have a good time?  "Uh huh!"

What was the best part of your trip?  "Hanging out with Daddy was fun because I had him all to myself and no one else had Daddy but me." (Redundant, but she gets her point across!)


And a picture or two...

Rise & shine!  Poor Viva got up way earlier than she ever has before.  The train leaves at 6:45 and you have to be at the train depot at 5:45!  All boarded:


Getting ready to get back on the train after the water portion of the day:

No comments: