Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Another Week, Another Art Field Trip!





Two weeks ago we headed out to Potter's Marsh for our art class.  As usual, I wasn't really looking forward to the excursion - three easels, three chairs, three sets of paints and paint brushes and water jars and cleaning clothes.... !  But, also as usual, once it was all done I could concede that it was a good experience and the kids had a great time.  :)

I like to think that having three children close in age means I experience "time economies" - something that you would do with just one kid you have the chance to do for three, so you get three times the return on your time... or something like that, at least!!  But sometimes it works the other way too!  Something that would seem relatively *easy* with one kid?  Seems like so much more work with three!  That's been my experience with painting, at least.  I'm still working on my attitude.  

In the mean time?  I tell myself it's worth it because I have three mini Picassos on my hand.  Not that I'm biased or anything!

No comments: