Monday, July 15, 2013

Our TWO Year Old!

Lincoln is 2 years old!  I've been talking up his birthday to him for a few days, but I'm not sure that he really knows yet what it means to have a birthday!  All the same... this morning when Great-Grandma said "It's someone's birthday... right?!?!", Lincoln said: "Me, me!!!".  :)  And then he said "Two today"!

What a clever boy.  It's been a long time since we've had a two year old around (YEARS... !).  I find him to be quite delightful.  I'm pretty sure that I also found my first three 2 year olds to be delightful, but it's a bit of a distant blur.  Probably didn't help poor Bentley that we had 7 month old twins when he was 2, and as for the twins?  When they were 2 there were 2 of them (duh!) plus a 3 1/2 year old!  Anyway.  2 year olds are very entertaining.

Lincoln is very helpful.  He's animated, he's stubborn, he's full of glee and rowdy energy.  He knows what he likes and what he doesn't.  He stands up for himself when he needs to, but still likes cuddles.  He's charming!  He has the BEST smile around here and loves the camera.

I'm sure he will be a terrific two year old, I can't wait to hear more of the thoughts in his cute little head as he vocalizes better!  Some of his current favorite expressions:

no like me (His polite way of implying that some foods don't like him. It's nothing personal; it's not him; it's the OTHER person - the food!)
bad baby (Any time Evan takes a toy he shouldn't have!!!)
help me

daddy daddy mommy mommy (A refrain I always love to hear!!)
night night

hot dog
basketball (His FAVORITE outdoor activity.)
where's my waaa (He is always putting down his water somewhere odd and then can't find it!)
And, of course, his ALL favorite thing to say?!
ME TOO!!!!

We joke that we need a shirt that says "Me, too!"... Those darn older siblings are always doing cool things that Lincoln just isn't *quite* big enough to do.  We hear the plaintive (or demanding!) "Me, too!" refrain on a regular basis!

Oh, Lincoln... we sure do love you!  I can't imagine our house without you. You are a splendid addition to it and help make our family complete.

No comments: