Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lincoln & Company


A couple of weeks ago when I was reviewing recent posts (so that I don't post any of the same photos or topics as Kara) I noticed a disturbing trend. It seemed to me that almost every post featured Lincoln. He was either the main topic or the topic along with Evan or he simply snuck his way into the post through sheer cuteness. He was definitely the star of the blog. I pointed this out to Kara and told her we needed to make it more balanced. Her reply? "We could rename the blog Lincoln and Company." Not what I had in mind! I tried to appeal to opa who takes a lot of the photos that inspire blog posts--"Quit focusing on Lincoln!"


Sure, two year olds are cute, adorable, addictive, and wonderful, but we also have a nine month old and twin six year olds and the most awesome seven year old. Unfortunately, they don't do as many cute things. They ARE cute, but they don't DO cute things to inspire photos and blog posts.

     *****     *****         *****

P.S. As I finished writing this post Lincoln arrived in my bedroom to harass me about his latest obsession: the battery operated trains. This, of course, prompted me to take a photo and to write a post about this obsession of his. Perhaps Lincoln is the star of the family blog because he does a better job of marketing himself? The older trio are off on their own pursuing their interests, but Lincoln is always near us (it's our job to keep track of him), so we see every cute thing that he does and we record a lot of them. Perhaps I should spend time next week following the trio around with a camera and notebook. I'm sure I'd get some great blog material.

No comments: