Thursday, May 01, 2014

Puzzle Time


A while back I bought a smaller sized jigsaw puzzle of one of my favorite castles.  Mostly a favorite because I've actually been there!  This past Wednesday I convinced the kids (and my Mom) to work on it with me:


A little additional info from Grandma Julia:

"Smaller sized"? This was a 300 piece puzzle with LOTS of blue sky. It is a difficult puzzle. Kara helped them sort pieces and make the border and then she left for a bit before coming back. I joined the project then and it wasn't very fun for the first hour. It's a struggle to get the ball rolling on puzzles like this and we haven't done a puzzle for a while, so the children's skills were rusty. They tried to abandon me! Once we got the first half done, it was much easier and faster. This castle could have used a dragon or two to hold the boys' attention and a glittery fairy to keep Viva engaged. Despite these short comings, the trio were good sports and worked hard to finish the castle in one session.

No comments: