Monday, June 16, 2014

Mommy's Idea of Camping


The back porch is a lovely place.  Look at this view!  I recently bought a new pop up in 60 seconds tent (which really does set up in 60 seconds, BTW) and decided to put it up on the back porch for the kids to sleep in.  Two out of three of them made it through the night.  My oldest thought it was a bit too windy and the noises were a bit too suspicious, so he came back in to join me in bed (Matt was out of town).  I don't blame him though - I had a very active imagination when imagining danger as a child too!  We did all enjoy Facetime with Matt, popcorn, and some reading time together though!

Jake and Viva are ready to move out there and set a world record for numbers of days in a tent.  Grandma told them they should get some cold weather gear because they'll probably need to be out there when the snow is flying to hit their goal.... :)  Sadly for them they can't get started on this admirable project until I find a better way to secure the tent to the porch (perhaps wrapping rope around the deck slats and securing at the stake areas?)  - the wind picked up in the morning after the over night adventure and was moving our tent around.  I had visions of the poles going straight through my lovely windows and took the tent down pronto!

No comments: