Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Frightful Weather

Our snow fall this past Sunday night was truly frightful--a foot plus of heavy, wet snow. School was canceled on Monday. Matt and Mark worked for hours clearing the driveway. Kara and I kept off the roads because we didn't have anywhere we had to be. On Monday the children did not go out and play in the snow because they were still feeling sick. This afternoon Viva asked to go out which was odd. She's not a cold weather aficionado. She and her brothers got all geared up and headed out. I thought Kara had said it was 43 degrees out, but it seemed colder to me when I stepped outside to advise them on sledding. I asked Kara again what temperature it was and she said 23 degrees. No wonder the children didn't stay outside very long. I hope it warms up so they can enjoy the snow more.

No comments: