Sunday, December 11, 2011

Too Sick for Fun

Kara and I have had bad colds for a couple of weeks now. I felt like I was starting to win the battle, but then I slid back downhill. I hate winter colds. They sap my energy and snap my patience. Christmas cookies don't taste as good and that's just not right.

At first the children were strong and stayed healthy, but then they succumbed. I think it was Thursday night that the boys both had high fevers. Viva didn't get a fever, but she was off her game. We all took it easy Friday and everyone was doing better Saturday, but they still weren't well. If you disagreed with Viva, she started crying. Bentley fell asleep on the coach. And then he tried sleeping at the dining room table instead of eating his spaghetti noodles.



Saturday night was a fund raiser at Viva's new ballet school. The school had a Family Holiday Ball with food, games, crafts, and a dance performance. We had intended to take Viva and the boys, but no one was in the mood. We thought Viva would be really upset about missing it (she has been talking about for weeks), but she was fine with staying home and watching a Christmas movie and eating popcorn. On the bright side, we saved $45 dollars. Who can't use a few extra dollars at Christmas time?

Now it's Sunday and Matt is finally home from his trip to DC. He arrived on the red eye last night. I wondered if the plane was going to have problems because the high winds were back in town, but the airport is located in a less windy area of town so he made it home just fine. However, given the many germs the children have, Kara opted to keep them all home from church and Matt stayed home, too, to help out with them. Yesterday evening Lincoln had a runny nose, so he's joining the party.

P.S. The weather outside is frightful but I find it so delightful! Let it snow! Let is snow! Let it snow!

No comments: