Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Newest Bedtime Routine

My children (the oldest three) are all still sharing a room.  Not because they have to due to space, but because I think all that happy bonding is good for them.  And for the most part they seem to enjoy it!  I, however, have my moments.  They normally come about half an hour AFTER the bedtime routine is complete.  When I hear laughing and talking, or more often shrieking and complaints!

So I needed a new plan.  For my sanity.  I need peace, and children that don't come out into the hallway way too often.  Scaring them into compliance wasn't working.

Introducing - audio books!  We joined audible.com, and now good children (and I admit I'm a softy - they're good every night!) get to listen to some audio books in the dark.  They are very quiet because they like it very much.  Their ring leader (Viva) has been subdued.  The books?  Not all that cheap, but at this time it's a small price to pay for... blissful peace!

What have they been enjoying?  The Magic Tree House series, some Roald Dahl, How to Train Your Dragon, and most recently some Alice in Wonderland!  I thoroughly recommend audible books if you have some scary books of your own!

No comments: