Monday, April 14, 2008

Good Times at the Zoo

Today I finally "bit the bullet" and purchased an annual family zoo pass. I've been wanting to for a while but I've been waiting for the weather to inspire me. The weather hasn't cooperated, so last week Anna (my cousin) and I decided we'd head out to the zoo today. Committing to do something with a friend makes it easier to actually follow through, I've found!

We had a great time at the zoo, we were quite the group! Anna, Felicity, Erynne, Tiernan, Nichole, Macy, Kylie, Kara, Bentley, Jackson & Genevieve! The three toddlers enjoyed running along the trails and hanging out together:


Bentley enjoyed the trails and the small animals (defined as those smaller than he is), but he wasn't too sure about ANY of the other animals. We were standing in front of the sea otter display and the otter rose up from the bottom of the tank right in front of Bentley - he was quite startled and let out quite the loud shrieks! Poor kid. :-)

The twins, near as I can tell, enjoyed the adventure. Jackson wasn't too impressed though:

We're looking forward to another zoo adventure! Next time I'm hoping for a bit more sun although I can't really complain about the weather today - it was brisk but pleasant.

Perhaps next time I'll capture some of the animal wildlife and not just my favorite subjects, the human wildlife... :-)

No comments: